What to Take:
- Sun screen
- Cap or hat with wide brim
- Lightweight clothing – in winter light clothing for daytime, very warm insulated jackets for game drives.
- Camera & Batteries
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Bathing suit
- Shower-proof rain jacket/windbreaker
- Small pack of hand wipes
- Razor with blades or batteries
- Flashlight with spare batteries
- Universal electrical outlets with electrical strip
Shops are generally open 7 days a week
We drive on the left side of the road. The speed limit is 120Km on motorways, 100km on main roads and 60km in built up areas. Do not stop for hikers and do not leave valuables in vehicles. Non-residents are permitted to drive with a international driving license issued and valid in their own country, provided it bears the photograph and signature of the holder and is in English. ( $20 at AAA)
Petrol / Fuel:
Cash only and in only a very few places with a Credit Card, are the only forms of payment accepted for fuel
Most international credit cards are accepted eg Mastercard, Visa, Diners, American Express and their affiliates. Many merchants in Namibia charge 5% – 15% Credit Card Service Fees.
Being south of the Equator, Namibia has its summer months from October to March, and winter from April to September
The African sun is strong, sun screens with high UV protection are advised with sunglasses and wide brimmed sun hat.
Tap water is generally quite safe to consume but if in doubt purchase bottled water.
Recommended porterage is generally NAD $10.00 per bag. Restaurants and taxis tip 10% of total bill.
- PH NAD $1370 – NAD $2100/day per
- Tracker + NAD $4100. for entire hunt or (NAD $690 per day)
- Skinner NAD $4100 for entire hunt depends on the number of animals skinned or (NAD $30 per day)
- C Africa Safari staff (chefs, waiters, cleaners etc.) NAD $550 – NAD $690 per day.
There are 12 official languages in NAMIBIA. English is the language of administration and is widely spoken.
Round three prong pin, 220 Volts AC adaptors should be brought for razors and hair dryers
Capital: Windhoek (WDH/ERS), Swakopmund (SWP), Walvisbaai (WVB), Victoria Falls (VFA) Zimbabwe.
Most commercial banks offer foreign exchange and ATM services. Trading hours Monday – Friday 09h00 – 15h30 Saturdays 08h30 – 12h00.
Currency: Namibian Dollar
Conversion Rate NAD 10 – NAD 15 = Approx $1.00 US